….I gave my lover the other half.
So we have a green shed. I will post a picture of it soon.
Before it could be erected we had to clear the land where it would sit. B had already measured up and had a cursory glance at where it would go. He decided that it would take a few hours at most to clear.
When we began to clear it we discovered a breadbasket stacked high with bricks, a fair load of other junk and a water storage tank such as you might have in your loft; a header tank I think it is called. It was full of rainwater.
After working out that there was no where to drain it to, we hit on the idea of moving the water into a water butt, but how to do it? B came up with the idea of syphoning it. He cut our very long hose into a sensible size dangled the end into the ‘limmy water’ and sucked. One hose would have taken all day so he set up a second hoes, but it wouldn’t siphon immediately, so he must have sucked seven mouthfuls of disgusting rainwater before it started to work.
It was after the siphons had filled the rain butt almost a third full, but had barely made a dent in the storage tank that we realised that we would need probably as many as five water butts and half a day to empty it that we gave in. The tank is now behind the shed.
Moving the bricks was easier but I suspect them of causing backache.
Placing the shed further forward meant that it would land on uneven ground, but the erectors dealt with that issue with great efficiency. The shed was up in no time at all, and fits in with the surroundings.
The shed is treated outside with a green wash, but the wood is bare inside, and it has no shelves in yet.
I cannot believe how excited I am to have bought my first ever shed. I must be a very sad person.